Sunday, October 16, 2016

Mom's Chicken Fingers

I had a craving for chicken fingers which doesn't happen normally. However, I didn't want just any old chicken finger. No. I wanted my mom's! You're probably asking what makes them so special. Well, actually there isn't anything so special about them but they are a bit different than the typical chicken finger.

First, the only coating we use is flour. That's it. Nothing crazy. Nothing special. But, you need to season the flour so we use seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder. Unfortunately I don't do measurements, but you should be able to taste all three, or smell all three in the breading mixture.

To keep the flour from flying around, I used a round cake pan and it worked well.

Ingredients
White flour
garlic powder
black pepper
seasoned salt
1 cup of milk with 2 eggs
Chicken breast cut into strips
Canola oil

First thing's first. I use a nonstick pan or a cast iron skillet, not too big because it will use a LOT of oil. So heat up the oil!

Make your life easy and set up an assembly line. I usually start to the right of my stove. So your first station is the milk and egg, then flour and then oil.

1. dip or soak all chicken strips in the milk/egg mixture.
2. Using only ONE hand, pick out a strip and use the other hand to toss it around the flour.
3. Repeat step 2 until you have about 3-4 pieces you can put into the hot oil.
4. Gently place the chicken into the oil and let it fry until golden brown. You may have to turn it over, but don't get into the habit of constantly flipping it.

I love these chicken fingers with macaroni salad, I don't know why, I just do!

It's that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment